RAR file format is one of the compression method used while storing huge files or while transferring data files over network. Compression of files is required for many reasons. One of the reasons is if you need to download any program file from internet then you have to spend lot of time in downloading each of the file because a single program file includes many files in it. So to save your precious time the set of files will be compressed into a single RAR file and hence instead of downloading each and every file individually you can download the complete set of files at one shot.
Unlike Zip file format a huge RAR archive can be split into multi-part or multi-volume archives each containing few of the files. Each archive will be stored with different file extensions such as the first archive with .rar, second with .r00 next with .r01, .r02 and so on. When multi-part archives not required you can place all the archives in same folder as a whole. However data from these RAR archive can be lost due to file corruption under various ways.
Several causes that lead to RAR file corruption:
- WinRAR Application Fails to Work – WinRAR is a powerful utility that is used to compress and unpack files. If there are any errors in the functioning of this utility then the files that you process i.e. compression or extraction of files, then the files would become corrupt and thus data will be inaccessible.
- CRC Errors – While transferring or downloading RAR archives over internet, there are fewer chances that the data files will get corrupt due to interruptions of noise channels. This will alter the data of the file with duplicate data due to which entire file gets corrupt and do not open.
- Over Sized RAR File – RAR archive can store data up to 4GB. When the files cross this size limit the RAR archive will become corrupt and thus the files will be inaccessible.
- Changing the File Extension of RAR Files – When the RAR files are changed with their file extensions then chances of file corruption is common case. When RAR files with .rar file extension is saved with other file extension then the file corrupts and thus becomes unreadable.
There are many issues that result in RAR file corruption and the only way to extract the data from corrupt RAR files is to repair the file using RAR repair software. One could easily extract the inaccessible data of corrupt RAR archive with the aid of repair utility. For more information about this best repair utility visit this link http://www.rarrepairsoftware.net
Advanced Features of the Repair Utility:
- Repairs all the RAR files that are corrupt due to CRC errors and download errors with simple and easy to use interface.
- Also capable of fixing oversized RAR archive that is unreadable.
- Handles all the error opening RAR files in WinRAR application and helps you to get back the inaccessible data.
- Easily repairs corrupted RAR archives using its outstanding algorithm.
- The software can be utilized to repair inaccessible RAR files on most of the operating systems like Windows XP, 7, Vista and Windows 2003.